Calling all Photographers
'Cobham's Hidden Gems' Photography Competition
(Closing Date 15th July 2016)
After the success of last year’s calendar “Cobham Landscapes”, we are launching another photographic competition to find another twelve stunning images for our 2017 calendar. Our title this year is ‘Cobham’s Hidden Gems’. The theme is open to your personal interpretation but we’re looking for beautiful photographs of your favourite places that are off the beaten track or rarely seen. These pictures can be anything from close ups to wide landscapes, in colour or black and white – as long as they are from the Cobham, Downside or Stoke D’Abernon areas.
The best photo’s will be decided by the committee in time for the calendar to be on sale at this year’s Heritage Day on the 10th September 2016. The overall winner will appear on the front page of the calendar.
PO Box 335
Please clearly label your photos with the location of your photograph, your name and contact telephone details. Under 18’s must have parental permission. Prints must be 7”x5” and digital images must be high resolution for reproduction purposes. Unfortunately, entries cannot be returned. The closing date for entries is 15th July 2016.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Public appeal
- Suitability for inclusion in a calendar
A judging panel comprised of three Cobham Heritage Trust Board members will review all entries and select the best 12 images based on the above criteria. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants must mark each photo with its location, their name, address & contact telephone number (both daytime and evening). Personal details will not be passed on to any third party.
2. The overall winning entry will be displayed on the front page of the calendar and the winning photos will appear in the Cobham Heritage Trust Calendar 2017 to be sold in aid of the Trust.
3. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the Trust. By entering the competition all entrants grant the Trust the right to publish and exhibit their photographs. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include the photographers' names.
4. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
5. Digital image enhancement is permissible.
6. No fees will be payable for any use of the photos.
7. The Trust’s decision as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
9. The Trust reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.